There are 6 options under the Admin tab:
- View Settings - which shows you the organisation level settings
- Update Settings - which allows organisation owners to change the settings
- Local Grades - which allows organisation owners to zero local grades and shows the status of the system grading and membership lists.
- Users - where new users can be associated with the organisation so they appear in user slection lists
- Owners - where organisation can be set.
- Export - which is intended to allow all the information about an organisation to be saved to a file.
Organisation settingsYou can view various settings for an organisation under the Admin tab for an organisation. If you have access to change these there will be an Update Settings tab takes you to a page where they can be updated. The settings are split into 4 groups:
- Admin Details
- Authoring Information (admins only)
- Name of the organisation, for example "Birmingham and District League"
- Verify Emails
- This option currently has no affect and should be ignored. Its purpose was to send reminder emails informing team captains that a new match result had been entered and that they should verify it.
- Auto Locking
- This option currently has no affect and should be ignored. Its purpose was to automatically change a fixtures status to Locked - preventing it being changed by the team captains. The organisation owner can do this manually from the fixtures tab.
- Unfinished Games
This option indicates how unfinished games are treated. An unfinished game is
a game in a fixture that has a result of Adjourned, Adjudication, or no result
entered. The options are:
- Ignore unfinished games. The match score is considered to be made up of those games that have a result (or default).
- Treat unfinished games as drawn. Each game with no result entered is treated as though it were drawn. Thus for example, in a 3 board match if the result of one board is entered as a win for the home team, and the other games left as no result, or adjournemnt or adjudication then the match score will be considered to be 2 - 1 for purposes of the league table.
- Assign Match Points if Threshold Passed. If one team has gained enough points to draw the match, then they are given one match point in the league table. If they have gained enough they are given 2 points.
- Ignore Unfinished Matches. If any game within a match does not have a result specified then the whole match is ignored for purposes of the league table.
- Unnamed Default
- If an unnamed player is given a default in a match on a board above a named player then this is reported as a violation.
- Grade Limit Option
This setting has 3 options:
- Use total grade - for any event with a grading limit, match results are checked to see if the total grade is under the limit. If not a violation is reported.
- Use average grade - for any event with a grading limit, match results are checked to see if the average grade is under the limit. If not a violation is reported .
- All players under the limit - for any event with a grading limit, match results are checked to see if all players are under the limit. If not a violation is reported .
- Team Designation
- When creating teams, affects if the default team name is of the form "Club Name A" or "Club Name 1", ie if it is numeric or a letter.
- Results Visibility
This option has 5 settings:
- Normal - anyone can see a match results.
- Restricted - causes match results to be only visible to logged in users. This option was created for a schools league where individual results are restricted.
- Team Selection Option with time. Only the admin can see the match results before the match time. Club owners can see a team selection which allows then to select their team but not allow them to see the other teams players prior to one hour before match time. This could so that the match pairings could be entered but not revealed until one hour before the match is due to start.
- Team Selection Option Manual. This is like the option above but not dependent on the match time. ie club owners can see a team selection which allows then to select their team but not allow them to see the other teams players.
- No Match Update. Club owners can see the players on the match but not access the match card yet which would allow them to change their team.
- White on odds default
- If the first board should default to White on odds at Home or Away.
- Select (from the list of organisation users) who will be listed as treasurer in the grading file ( to be billed for game fee by the ECF).
- Player List Access
This option controls what access to player lists club owners are allowed.
There are 6 levels of access:
- Organisation owners only
- Club owners can add existing players to lists but not create new players
- Club owners can add players to lists and create new players. When creating new players they cannot enter the grading code, grading, and membership fields as this would allow them to create a copy of an existing player.
- Club owners can add players to lists, create new players and set local grades. The grade field is only editable if the grading category is blank (eg a newly created player), 'L' a local grade or 'F'. The local grade is mandatory in this case.
- Club owners can add players to lists, create new players and set local grades. The grade field is only editable if the grading category is blank (eg a newly created player), 'L' a local grade or 'F'.
- Club owners can do anything within player lists including delete.
- Flag Match Comments
- If this box is checked then if anyone enters a comment against a match it appears in the Flagged Matches report. The idea is that the organisation owner can react to the comment and then mark the comments as seen when he has dealt with the issue (if there is one). It can also allow the owner to check for abusive or inappropriate comments.
DisplayThis is some text describing the league which will be shown on the home page. A limited list of HTML tags can be used.
Authoring InformationThis is only accessible by the ECF administrator. It specifies the owner of the league.
Local GradesThe Remove Local Grades button causes local grades (which override the ECF ones) for players in the organisation to be removed, if they now have an ECF grade.
Previously there was an option here to refresh grades for the League but this has been replaced by having 2 options in the event grading type to use either January or August grades.